Tuesday, March 30, 2004

Welcome to my new Blog

Hello Friends. I will use this as a forum to share my thoughts, have a whinge, spread the news or just create some controversy. Let's start off with a bit of what has been going on in the Hammy household.

A few weeks ago they had Clean Up Australia Day. Yu-Jin and I joined a wildlife conservation group and went to the Swan River. For about 30 minutes or so we collected tea bags, lolly wrappers, cigarette butts, tissues, money (10 cents only dammit) and anything else that was laying about. Yu-Jin was very enthusiastic about helping and when he saw some more rubbish he raced me to get to it first.

I think that it was the next weekend we went to AQWA - Aquarium of Western Australia. Luckily my student card is valid until the end of March, I am a frugal bastard, and so I gained a little bit cheaper entry. We took Yu-Jin's best friend, Jesse, along with us. They were fascinated by the fish, turtles, sharks, sting rays, crocodile, sea lions and coral. There was even a touching pool which had some fish and stingarees - small sting rays. I was able to convince Yu-Jin to touch the stingaree. He didn't want to leave he was having such fun. Jesse was too scared to touch the stingaree which was surprising. He had told Yu-Jin when we arrived that he would protect him. These kids are funny.

We borrowed the Sinbad DVD from Jesse and Yu-Jin has been watching it, and Finding Nemo, constantly. They are great movies for kids. Anyway, one of the lead characters is Proteus. Obviously this movie has pricked some imagination in Yu-Jin and he wants to build Sinbad's ship out of Duplo blocks. So I built two ships and Yu-Jin said, "What's your name?"
"Proteus" I replied.
"Mine's Protoceratops" came the reply.
Protoceratops? I know that he loves dinosaurs but didn't think that he would be able to remember a name like that.

A couple of nights ago Miky was slicing a zucchini for tea. Yu-Jin asked her if she was going to put it on her face. Obviously thought that it was a cucumber.

You have probably watched Australian Idol or at least heard about it. We loved Shannon Noll and Cosima Devito and we devastated when that poofy, soppy, overgrown wig of a South Australian, Guy Sebastian, won. I even voted for Shannon in the final week. Cost me 55 cents!! Ok, enough ranting. Shannon has just released a song entitled "Drive". It sounds very Bryan Adams-yish. We love it. Listened to it in the car on the way home the other night. Later on that night I heard it on the radio at home. I called Miky over and said that this was the Bryan Adams version of the song. She listened and said, "I prefer Shannon's version." Sucker - it was the same song and so there was no difference.

Ok, that's about it for today. Now I have to update this regularly. There will be a fair amount of drivel. Bookmark the site and come back whenever you like.

Over and out.
Hammy

No comments: