Saturday, April 10, 2004

News From Yu-Jin

Bit of a shock tonight. Around 6pm Yu-Jin told me that he wanted to have a shower. What is shocking about that is he never asks to go to the shower. He was a bit tired as he seems to have another ear infection. Will these sorts of things ever stop? After his shower he was complaining about his ear and complaining about something painful to himself is something very rarely done. Miky has been really sick and spent most of the last two days in bed. Her mother and sister will be here tomorrow to stay with us and that should cheer her up.

Yu-Jin had a friend's birthday party to go to today. They held it at their house and were expecting not to get too many people as it is Easter. Heaps of people turned up and it was a good time to be had by the kids. No sugary sweets, just natural energy. All the kids got a lolly bag as they went home. Yu-Jin didn't even have any birthday cake - it was a sponge cake and he doesn't like it. How can a kid of his age be so fussy? I was surprised how well a group of four year-olds played together with few fights and no tantrums to speak of.

The Sickly River

A week ago I rode to Bunnings to get the Sunday paper. Passing by the river I noticed it to be relatively clean. Yesterday I took Yu-Jin for a ride on his new kid-carrier seat on my bike which he really enjoyed. I was shocked when I saw the river. The algal bloom that has covered the river within a week was phenomenal. It is all the way along. There was the occasional spot that was not so badly affected. I sure hope that they clean it up soon.

No comments: