Friday, April 02, 2004

Paying for Parking

The other day at work I had to drop a document off in the city. The boss gave me one of the company cars to use and this was great. I also combined it with my lunch hour and did my banking. Well, it was 3:30 pm and I think that I deserved a little slack.

It had to happen. I hate paying for parking but I managed to park just around the corner from where I had to drop off the document. I paid 20 cents for six minutes and raced to the building, into the lift, up to the correct floor and then back down again once I had delivered said item. I thought that 20 cents wasn't a bad effort. Considering in Sydney I believe some car parks are charging up to $11/hr.

My happiness soon turned to grief as I found two parking spots at the front of the building and they both had at least two minutes left on the meter. I could have parked for free.

Bugger.

No comments: