Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Whiteman Park

I managed to organise something last weekend. I wanted to have a gathering of friends and this included some kids the same age as Yu-Jin. That meant making a few phone calls so that we could all get together on Sunday at Whiteman Park. This is a large area where you can have a BBQ, see some very old tractors, a few children's playgrounds, a tram, some pottery shops and a cafe.

The weather forecast four days out was for fine and 29 degrees. Perfect BBQ weather one would assume. A bit closer to the day we were expecting 26 degrees and showers the previous day. On Sunday it was raining. I received two phone calls and another just after we left whether the get together was still on. Couldn't see why not.

I had organised for us to meet in the main car park. My mistake was that there were about four or five car parks and it seemed that everyone parked in a different one. We managed to find each other and have a good time. The rain didn't bother us too much.

It was great to see some of my friends and their kids, who all wanted to go in the pool, and it is something that we should do more often. My mother- and sister-in-law also came and I took them for a ride on the tram. It was a pity that they didn't get to see any kangaroos or emus. Luckily I didn't have to pay for Yu-Jin because he is under four.

No comments: