Tuesday, June 08, 2004

D-Day Sunrise

On the news in the morning yesterday they said that the sun rose over Omaha Beach on the west coast of France, just like it did 60 years ago. I don't know about you, but unless you are out to sea, then the sun isn't going to rise over the beach. Perhaps that was their point and I missed it.

Foundation Day Holiday Fiasco

How dumb is this? Foundation Day celebrates when white men from England landed in WA to settle. They were due to land on the 1st of June, 1829. It was a little bit rough on the sea that day so they delayed it. So, the landing occurred on the 2nd. The following year they celebrated the occasion on the 3rd of June. Nowadays we celebrate it on the 6th of June, but that was a Sunday this year, so we had a public holiday on the 7th - nearly a week after that actual event! How would the veterans feel if we celebrated the D-Day landings but had the holiday six days later?

Good Day For Eating

Well, every day is a good day for eating. Personally, I don't go a day without it. Eating is one of my favourite habits. Yesterday was a particularly good day for this. I had breakfast, as usual, but felt peckish at 10am and had my lunch. As we were working a public holiday lunch was bought for us. I'm not one to turn down a free lunch and so I partook in my second lunch. Had tea early as Miky and I had a fashion show to attend. Photos from this to be added at a later date. Throughout the show they were serving h'ors doeurves (just taking a stab at the spelling there) which we particularly nice. As I said, a good day for eating.

No comments: