Monday, June 14, 2004

Eating Tea Quickly

Yu-Jin is a bugger for eating his tea properly. Mum and aunty cooked hamburgers, pumpkin, potato, peas and broccoli for this evening's meal. By the time I had finished mine, followed by soup, he had just eaten his potato. Miky was starting to get fired up and I decided to try something different.

I grabbed a clock and showed him that he had 20 mins, by setting the alarm hand, and then he tea would be thrown in the bin and he'd get nothing more to eat. Then I went to wash the dishes.

The first 10 minutes were full of talking and attention seeking. The next five minutes consisted of complaining and threats about Yu-Jin taking my clock away. The last five minutes saw plenty of action with the cutlery. I was so impressed that I gave him an extra five minutes. In actual fact it took him an extra 20 minutes to finish and he ate everything.

After tea he had an apple juice icy pole and then a frozen yoghurt. Frozen yoghurt is excellent stuff. I don't hear anything out of him for at least 10 minutes as he is so busy to get the yoghurt out of the container with a fork. Peace. It doesn't last for long but it is worth it.

We'll see what happens tomorrow night.

No comments: