Saturday, July 10, 2004

The Eating Thing Again

Miky made breakfast this morning, this World Photo Project Day morning. Did everyone remember to take a photo from their part of the world today? I'll take late submissions. Anyway, she put cheese on top of pancakes! Sounds odd but tasted great. The second lot of pancakes had spinach inside them!! I know that she's not pregnant but it resembles something like cravings. Couldn't really taste the spinach so they were alright too.

Tonight Miky cooked chicken schnitzel, mashed potato, and a curried lot of vegies with cauliflower, mushrooms, carrots etc. It took a lot of persuasion but Yu-Jin finally ate everything on his plate by himself. The biggest surprise was a mouthful of mushrooms. Following tea Miky wanted to get out of the house, as I had spent about four and a half hours sourcing materials and installing new metal beams on the patio so that the new door could be installed for the sewing room within the coming weeks. Stir crazy I think it is called. Managed to cut my elbow on the metal beams - idiot. Yu-Jin and I also weeded the garden some more, after last weekends crack, and rode to the playground together. So, we went to McDonalds. Yu-Jin was asleep by the time we arrived, just before 7pm. Miky just wanted a coffee and wanted me to have a strawberry sundae. Yu-Jin wanted chips, a burger and a drink - in other words a Happy Meal - just so that he could get a toy. Nothing doing son, you just finished a large tea. He ordered chips and a juice.

Couldn't believe this kid. Finished his fries, juice and had about a third of my strawberry sundae. I'm beginning to think that he must have worms or hollow legs like his father. As soon as we walked in the door he asked if he could have a muesli bar. I was a bit dumbfounded but if he asks for food and it is healthy I don't refuse. He ate the whole thing.

I just wish he would eat like that without any complaining or trouble. There'd be no qualms on my behalf.

No comments: