Saturday, October 16, 2004

Time Is Money

If that is the case then I am just as rich as any other bastard. We all have the same time in the day. All 23 hours 56 minutes and 4.0996 seconds of it. For those of you that don't believe me that's the sidereal day.

I did learn something new from that article. The earth rotates 366 times a year, not 365. This is because it rotates on its axis in the same direction as it rotates the sun. So one day seems to be missing in fact. Curious that.

Frugal = Tight

I did an experiment with my car over a couple of weeks. I completely changed my driving habits to those of an elderly man. Whenever I saw that the traffic lights were red up ahead and nobody was behind me I would let the car coast as far as possible. Acceleration was not nearly as rapid but not slow enough to hold anybody up. Ultra fuel conservation was the goal.

Normally I get 450 km for 60 litres (when the low level light appears on the petrol tank indicator) but I reached 530 km before it came on. What an amazing difference! Once I filled up the whole tank it revealed a 7.6% saving.

Now, my tank holds 68 litres of fuel. Consider my amazement when I put 70 litres into it. That's tight. I could see that it was very low. Luckily I arrived at the petrol station less than 10 minutes before it closed or I may not have gotten the car home.

Nuts

It appears that Yu-Jin is allergic to nuts. He was so enthusiastic about getting me some cashews to eat the other night and I asked him if he wanted one. He had a half and immediately he felt sick. It came as a bit of a shock.

Last night he wanted a muesli bar. I gave him one that is almost entirely nuts. No complaints, no problems. Maybe he is just allergic to cashews. I'm not game to try him with peanuts.

1 comment:

lori said...

my car takes 40 litres, and can do 500kms in the city, and 650kms in the country on one take :P

get a more fuel efficient car!

lori