Monday, December 20, 2004

Santa Doesn't Have A Good Memory

It was a bit of a strange day yesterday, being a Sunday and all. We did our grocery shopping in the morning. Don't know if I can get used to that - if we ever get to have Sunday trading that is.

Anyway, we went into the city to pick up some photos and then wandered through David Jones after an icecream at McDonalds, where some old Chinese bloke sat at the table Yu-Jin had baggsed. While Miky went off to look at something that only she would be interested in, Yu-Jin and I had a look at the toys.

Pocket money is such a great idea. Yu-Jin says, "Can you buy me this?"
And I reply, "I'm not wasting my money on it. Save your pocket money up."
At this stage he admits that he doesn't want it.

David Jones has a Santa House. Last Sunday we visited Santa in Myer for some photos. I thought that it would be a good idea to have a chat this time. When Yu-Jin arrived Santa asked his name and what he wanted for Christmas. Yu-Jin said, "I told you last week!" quite indignantly.
Santa said "I see a lot of little girls and boys. It's not easy to remember."

My kid telling Santa off. He's not scared of him anymore. Nice Irish accent on the David Jones' Santa.

Quick Thought

Have you ever noticed that the shirts which come with spare buttons never lose any?

No comments: