Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Australia's Foreign Minister To Visit Tsunami Affected Area

The news yesterday was that Alexander Downer was to visit the area affected by the tsunami. "Hooray!" I hear everyone say.

But, in my opinion, it is eight days too late. "Boo!" If he was there eight days ago it wouldn't have been such a tragedy.

The Boy Has Some Energy

Yu-Jin and I went for a bike ride yesterday. Me on my bike and he on his bike with trainer wheels. We rode a distance of six kilometres, including hills, and he did ok. Let's not forget that this kid is only four and a half years old. I never did anything like that at his age. If you are from Bordertown you may realise that that is the distance from my parents' house out to the Meatworks and back. Puts it in some sort of perspective, eh?

Mind you, I did ride back from the Meatworks with no hands one day. It will take Yu-Jin a long time to top that.

Holiday Is Over

It's back to work today. Funny, after the big break I'm not so keen to return to work. I know what awaits this year. It will be equivalent to some time in Hell as my business manager finishes work with our company tomorrow and there will only be two of us to do the work of nearly four.

Interesting times ahead and I'm sure that there won't be a dull moment.

No comments: