Wednesday, January 19, 2005

The Funniest Thing

I have just learnt that search engines work in the funniest ways. You may have noticed that I have included a sitemeter on my blog. I would like to have some idea about how many people visit the site. The sitemeter can tell me where visitors arrived at the site, i.e. the page, and where they exited. It can also tell me the recent referrals, for instance, where the visitor came from. I have just noticed that one of them was from a search on a search engine. This aroused my curiosity.

Here is the search result.

It is a Yahoo! Search for "jennifer hawkins skirt falling down pics"

For those of you who couldn't be bothered to check the link:

3 #Frugal Bastard
... fence next door was falling down badly. As I was weeding ... Miss Universe, Jennifer Hawkins, vs Janet Jackson in a Battle ... She stepped on her skirt and revealed her g-string ...
frugalbastard.blogspot.com/2004_09_01_frugalbastard_archive.html - 64k - Cached - More from this site

Can you believe that out of 353 possibilities for the search subject my site had the third best option? That's hysterical. And what's more, after reading the text the viewer came to the site. That person was in the UTC +11 time zone. I will need to check that out. Here's a time zone map and here is where UTC +11 is situated.

Thanks to my visitor from somewhere in the Pacific or Russia who was obviously disappointed with not finding what they came for as the part about Jennifer Hawkins was right down the bottom of the page and they didn't stick around long enough to see it.

1 comment:

Nick Souter said...

mate, that is a crack up! (literally)