Monday, January 31, 2005

Lleyton This, Lleyton That

I'm an Aussie and fairly proud of it too. However, that doesn't mean that I see the world with only one eye. Miky and I were cheering on Marat Safin in the Men's Final at the Australian Open against Lleyton Hewitt last night. Yu-Jin doensn't understand the game of tennis enough yet and was cheering for whoever had won the point.

Lleyton may have lost the match, fair enough - he did well to reach the final, but he stole the headlines with his engagement to Bec Cartwright - after going out together since December. I see through it though. I've heard the stories about how Kim Clijsters didn't get on with the prospective parents-in-law and that was one of the reasons she didn't get married to Lleyton.

Bec Cartwright has had the wool pulled over her eyes. Before she gets a chance to know the Hewitt family, and learn to hate them like most other people, she may become one of them. Sad really. Or maybe it is an act to boost her career as I feel that she couldn't act her way out of a wet paper bag.

We shall see.

No comments: