Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Working Hours Irony

I'm a morning person and have been used to starting work at 6am over many a year. Miky, on the other hand, is not a morning person and is still a bit of a mess by the time I drop her off at work, even after having had a coffee.

I'm glad to say that she has kicked the coffed habit, as part of her detox program, and with Yu-Jin going to before- and after-school care now she wants to pick him up early. She is out the door by 7am to get to work early so that she can knock off early to pick him up.

My job doesn't allow me to start before 8:30am. Well, I could but I wouldn't get paid for that time.

I find it quite ironic that the early riser starts work late and the late riser starts early. We'll see how long before she gets sick of this.

Acrobatics

On the telly the other night they had a presentation of "The World's Greatest Circuses" or something. It was supposed to be about the Moscow Circus and was hosted by Nikki Webster. You know, I have a thing pronunciation and the girl needs to learn that "recognise" has a "g" in it. I would have thought that a singer, different "g" sound, would need to enunciate properly. Disappointed I was.

Anyway, there were no animals in this show and therefore a great deal of acrobats. Just what affect do you think that that had on Yu-Jin. He started juggling things and doing some very strange stretching routines when he went to bed. Contortionism may be just his thing.

Thankfully with his arm still very sore he won't be doing too many acrobatics.

No comments: