Thursday, March 10, 2005

A Happy Bank Customer

Went for a walk to the Post Office this morning to check the mail. And to check out the calf a little bit. Was shocked to receive a letter from ANZ regarding an overdraw on my cheque account. I knew that I had put some money in the account so that I could send a cheque off for my electrician's licence.

Snafu, I thought. Look it up on Google. Typical bank. I had linked the cheque account to my card some time ago but it hadn't appeared on the Internet banking but I didn't worry about it.

Well, that money that I had transferred into the cheque account actually went into a different account, so I found out when I check on the Internet. My mistake. Have to pay up for the overdraw fee.

At lunch time I settled the account and went to customer service to link the cheque account with my card. Told the guy my sob story and he asked if I would like to have the fee reversed. Well, isn't that the dumbest question of the year? I most certainly would appreciate that. Then, as I was feeling pleased with myself (I had told the truth and had a $29.50 waived) he said that it was standard practice to return the first fee on an account.

I still feel good that they honoured the cheque in the first place, which saved an enormous amount of face, and that they didn't charge me for the privilege. Certainly not snafu at all.

More Heavy Breathers On The Phone

I see that they have released a Darth Vader Voice Changer mask. You put it on and your voice sounds like Darth Vader. There's even the option of the heavy breathing. Methinks that there will be an increase in the number of heavy breathers making phone calls.

No comments: