Wednesday, August 17, 2005

What's A Guy Supposed To Think?

Just kicking back, reading the news, had tea, did some IT-help for my mum over the phone (one profession I never want to take up), spoke to my son (using an expensive phonecard) as my wife had gone for a walk, spoke to a phonecard company to complain that I was unable to connect using their card but had done so for some time previous to the last week, and then listened to some music.

Most of my music is from the 80s and early 90s. I wouldn't have even bought 10 CDs since getting married (one a year if I am lucky) so you can imagine what the collection includes. I'm listening to Bon Jovi - Slippery When Wet, at the moment. And eating scorched almonds in chocolate. Stop reading now if this is turning you on.

Welcome back every reader. I don't believe that I lost anyone there. As I was listening before on came some Bryan Adams. And then it just hit me - I have to ring my wife. Gee, we both like Bryan Adams. It's not like we have a special song that we consider to be ours or anything. He's just a beaut bloke with a beaut voice and who sings songs that we love. I wonder if my missus thinks of me when she hears his music? Chocolates are all gone now. Chris Isaak is another of those blokes whom we both enjoying listening to. Kim Gun-mo (he's not really that geeky looking) is pretty easy on the ears as well.

It's funny how these things remind you of the one you love. Just seeing a couple together on the telly or on the street makes me think of Miky. I still imagine myself coming home to a house full of noise with a certain young fella running around the house.

Yeah, I miss them. What else is a bloke supposed to think about?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Why will the whole of love come on me suddenly/ when I am sad and feel you are far away ?"

- Clenched Soul, Pablo Neruda.

Hammy said...

Reminds me of a song by some bloke - "How can I miss you if you won't go away?"

Perhaps we take those we love for granted until they are away from us.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder. And all that other blecch.

Anonymous said...

They say, "don't marry the person you can live with, but the person you can't live without."

Anonymous said...

I'm with you,son.