Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Stuff

Blake Reynolds, a 14 year old boy from Perth, goes missing. Three weeks pass and numerous sightings of him were made throughout the region. His face is plastered all over the media to help jog people's memories. A huge police hunt was conducted, rivers and water tanks were scoured, but hope was not lost.

Yesterday he was found. Only 100 metres from where he disappeared. It seems that two men kidnapped him and held him locked in a house. He even saw the news reports and his mum pleading for his safe return.

I don't think those two men will survive long in prison, no matter what they did to that boy. But I found it interesting that the local news showed his face in all the images of his return to his family last night. Of course they would. What needs to be hidden. But this morning on the national news broadcast his face was blurred. For three weeks it has been "have you seen this boy" and now all of a sudden his identity needs to be hidden. How dumb.

Blog Visitors

I have a counter on my blogs. My own Frugal Bastard blog counter is increased when someone comments and I reply to that comment. So I found it really funny that my Jap/Korea blog, of which I don't visit and falsely bump up the visitor numbers, and which doesn't have any new material added as it is just a diary of my first trip to Japan and Korea, gets heaps more visitors than my live blog. Many thanks to the person from that lovely part of the world, Trondheim, NTNU who has been visiting the site regularly, inflating my ego. Your cheque is in the mail.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It never ceases to amaze me how inept and idiotic the law is pertaining to supression of a victim's/suspect's image or name.

Anonymous said...

Because when he was found, and what was done to him was realised, his face and details of the frim needed to be suppressed so he could heal and move on.. your a piece of shit for writing this

Anonymous said...

Because when he was found, and what was done to him was realised, his face and details of the frim needed to be suppressed so he could heal and move on.. your a piece of shit for writing this

Hammy said...

Just an observation. Thank you for your comment. In the cold, hard light of day things do appear different and your explanation has a lot of merit.

Hammy said...

Hope you are recovering well, Blake. As for the two bastards that molested you, I hope they've gotten their just desserts.

Unknown said...

I am well :)

Hammy said...

Glad to hear. I'm sure it must be difficult for you. Keep well.