Monday, December 19, 2005

Nice Long(ish) Weekend

Our office had its Christmas party last Friday. So we all knocked off at lunch time, me being the earliest to finish because I remember last year when I finished work at the time we were supposed to be starting lunch, and it took me 15 minutes to find a parking spot just to pick the missus up from the train station.

Almost an hour and a half into the lunch I decided to move my car as I only had two hours of parking. That's when the entrees made their appearance. It was a lovely lunch, maybe a bit loud, but we had a great bunch of people and spouses/boyfriends/girlfriends to talk with. I didn't win any of the prizes on offer but took home the first prize anyway. Well, I was just minding it for a workmate who had to catch the train home and it was a rather large hamper.

Saturday morning I nicked off early to play golf. I'm considering joining Collier Park Golf Club as their membership fees are only $65/yr plus green and competition fees. Have to put in three cards to receive an official handicap and shot a 97 - only 30 putts. Two ugly sevens and an eight but because it is for handicap they won't count. Gee it was hot on the course but the temp only climbed to 30 degrees C.

Saturday night was a workmate's 40th birthday cocktail party which was held at Connections Nightclub. Miky stayed home to look after Yu-Jin. Had an enjoyable time and left bit after 10:30 - didn't want to stay there by myself as it is a gay nightclub.

Sunday morning we cleaned the house. The first time I've done it thoroughly for a while. Around lunchtime we headed into the city so that Yu-Jin could visit Santa and grabbed some lunch a present for him (Yu-Jin, not Santa) before going to Subicao for fruit and veg shopping.

After that Yu-Jin and I went to the pool, had a shower and then a swim. Nice way to finish the weekend off. Last night there was a movie on SBS - Asterix and Obelix - and it brought back a lot of childhood memories. Good, fun movie from France (or possibly Belgium).

Better do some Christmas cards soon. Haven't done a single one. The only present bought was the one for Yu-Jin. Due to the holiday we had late in the year Christmas shopping will be done post-Christmas this year. I don't have time nor the inclination. I must say that the shops were not crowded yesterday which surprised me as it is only a week 'til Christmas. Took the tree out of the shed this morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dare say everybody's cards are maxed out by now!

Anonymous said...

I got this as an email, why has it not shown up on your Blog, yet?