Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Domino's Pizza Share Price

I've noticed everytime that I've bought pizza from Domino's Pizza that the share price has dropped the next day. Does my buying power have that much of an impact in the short term?

The best shares to have are those that have products that you purchase. If I don't like the product it is unlikely that I will buy the share.

I noticed last night that they have done away with the traditional keyboard for entering your order and replaced them with washable/foldable types. They look like a bunch of keys spread out over a plastic cover. Must be so that they can clean them. All of the moisture in the atmosphere of the baking room must destroy electrical components. Nice big LCD monitors too. So glad to see the back of 14" CRTs.

3 comments:

Joe said...

Okay, Hammy, here's the plan. You buy a bunch of pizzas, the stock crashes, then you buy a bunch of shares. If you buy enough pizza, you'll soon have controlling interest in the company!

Anonymous said...

yeah, those keyboards are avaiable from Anyware PC (www.anyware.com.au).. I've used them in ONE of my clients so far (in a warehouse) and it's a good thing.. I suppose also good for all those sticky sticky fingers....
I think PLE may sell them as well, don't quote me on that tho....

Pizza is my nemesis.. if I had one I imagine him to be a slice of pizza out for world domination by covering it all with the moons melted cheese and dashes of salami.

Hammy said...

Joe - that's a top idea. At the moment I own 1/60000th of the publicly listed shares so it is only an interest and not a controlling interest. But, if I spend all of my dosh on buying the product I won't be able to afford the shares. And besides, the pizza won't be tax deductible.

Tom - I think that you had too much pepperoni on your last pizza and it has badly affected you.