Monday, May 22, 2006

Birthdays And Inflation

I've just bought my grandma an 80th birthday card. It was her 82nd birthday the other day and seeing as I was at home with tonsilitis I never got around to getting the card in time. The reason I've bought an 80th birthday card is to allow for inflation. Australia has an inflation rate of approximately 2.5% p.a. and seeing as the card has been on the shelf for in all likelihood 12 months it should, in fact, be worth 82 years now.

Logical methinks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cockeyed logic, methinks!

Joe said...

Not only that, but you get the benefit of telling her that you bought it because she doesn't look a day over 80. Let's face it, how often do you get to say that as a compliment?

Hammy said...

Smooth Joe, very smooth. You're not playing the dating game with octogenarians are you?