Saturday, June 17, 2006

It's Shanks' Pony For Me

It appears that the head on my car has finally gone. Along with the cooling system. Well, the cooling system is probably to blame. I'm looking at a $2k bill. Woah. It's Shanks' Pony for me for the next week at least.

Yesterday I left home at 7 o'clock to catch a bus that the missus told me to catch. Forty five minutes of waiting in about five degrees is not my idea of fun. Thanks to the public transport authority for that. Miky was leaving home at eight so she gave me a lift to her work and I walked to mine from there. It meant that I was about 40 minutes late but shit happens. It better not happen again on Monday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

may be cheaper to grab an entire engine from a wreck and just port it over?? I once managed to get an engine for $500 complete when I had a head blow, cheaper and lots of spare parts should you ever need any later.

Anonymous said...

Dunno about getting a new engine either, I had to replace the engine in my van and the total bill was over $3000. But you have to do what you have to do.