Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Just When I Thought The Finances Might Be Sorting Themselves Out

Along comes another repair job for the car. It's been about two years since I did a major service on my car. You know, spark plugs, oil, tune, etc. I have changed the oil in that time however. In the last couple of days the car has been running very roughly, like a hairy goat is the correct terminology I believe, so much so that it was about the stage where it was likely to stall when idling. Bit of a worry with an automatic.

Next door to my office is a mechanic. He does, or at least did, all of our work vehicles. Not that I have one of them, you know. I popped over at lunchtime and he had time to do the job that afternoon as he was awaiting parts for a BMW. The major service wasn't a problem but he identified the radiator and cooling system as needing urgent work. This includes replacing the heater tap, which I had done only a couple of years ago and that cost around $400, as there was a heap of corrosion. All up I reckon it will cost close to a grand or more and I commented, "Gee, it's a good thing I did a home loan redraw today," which was the truth - got the sun room extension to pay for (should be up in about six weeks). I just don't like having to use any of the leftover money for my bloody car.

Can't sell the damn thing, with petrol at the current prices nobody is interested in a 4L vehicle, and the repairs need to be done. I guess I better just take my medicine.

It's the same old story. Just when you think that all of the bills have been paid and you can look forward to saving some dosh along comes another bill to bugger it all up. Experienced that also?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It doesn't pay to get complaicant, does it? There is always something you have forgotten, etc.