Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Strange Flavour For An Icy Pole

Yu-Jin wanted to have an icy pole tonight after I offered to buy ice cream. Now, I remember the Calippo icy pole coming out when I was in primary school. When you think about how many ice creams and icy poles there are on the market these days, much like magazines, it is surprising that it has withstood the test of time. I liked them when I was a kid. His first choice was a Bubble 'O Bill but we weren't going to have him chewing on bubble gum just before bed. That was released when I was in primary school too, I believe. It must have been because I hardly ever bought lunch at the canteen once I started high school.

Melon and Mandarin flavour Calippo.

Talk about a strange flavour for an icy pole - melon and mandarin. Isn't Mandarin a language and not a fruit. Google tells me that I'm probably incorrect although there are some four and a half million entries for mandarine, which is how I thought the fruit was spelt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are right, and Google is wrong.