Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Smart For A Bombers Tipper But

... not so smart for an AFL tipper.

In the Essendon Footy Tipping competition I came a respectable 963rd out of 7008 tippers with 110 tips for the season. That put me in the top 13.75% of tippers.

In the AFL Footy Tipping competition I came a less respectable 23634th out of 130834 tippers with 112 tips for the season. That put me in the top 18.1% of tippers. So, I tipped more winners but finished further back. My only saving grace would be that the Essendon tippers are a passionate mob and back their team more often when their backs are against the wall. Essendon had a wretched season and only managed three and a half wins from 22 matches. Perhaps they tipped with the heart more than the head.

My colleague, Gary, scored 123 winners for the year in our work tipping comp to win and that would have placed him in the top 400 tippers in the country!!

No comments: