Friday, February 02, 2007

Spot The Hazardous Substance

It's rubbish collection time. I had a bit of a cleanout. First items to go were an old suitcase and some light covers. The covers went within a few hours and the suitcase took nearly a week before somebody grabbed them. Then I decided to go all out. An old sink and a basin were thrown out along with a complete set of Ford Laser hatchback doors.

I knew that the sink and the basin would go very quickly. I had expected them to be gone by the morning after putting them out but they were only gone by the next evening. What did surprise me was the fact that nobody wanted the car parts. And I didn't expect the council to collect the car parts either.

Rubbish in the morning.


Rubbish in the evening.


Low and behold! The council refused to collect the car parts. And they even put a sticker on to tell me why. Can you spot the hazardous substance? I'm damned if I can.

Watch out for the hazardous substance.
>
Dangerous stuff these car doors.

It's not as it a dirty bomb could be made or anything. Methinks the council workers are being a bit lazy.

1 comment:

honkeie said...

Maybe.....hell I have no idea what that was about. Maybe they would perfer you to drop it off at the local park or kiddie pool