Friday, May 04, 2007

SMS Premium Services - Update

Back in February I told the world about how much I despised SMS Premium Services for ripping money from my wife's pre-paid mobile account by sending her text messages and charging her for the privilege.

Well, lo and behold. A few days ago I received an envelope from HSBC. This was rather surprising as I have no account with this banking institution so I thought that it might be some junk mail. Got a bit of a shock to see that it was a cheque which covered the value of my claim against SMS Premium Services.

Well how about that? Didn't have to take it to the Ombudsman after all. They didn't take quite that long to get back to me with the refund as it took me a couple of weeks to get around to typing up the fax.

1 comment:

Susan Ham said...

Let us hope they have made a note, that you are not to be trifled with, and treat you with respect next time.
Glad you have had a 'winner'.