Sunday, May 06, 2007

Spider-man 3

Had some cheap tickets to the movies that we picked up after having a meal at a restaurant a while ago. Seeing as we've seen both of the previous Spiderman movies at the cinema the third instalment had to be viewed there as well. Can't believe we attended the opening weekend of a movie. I think the last time I did that was for Baz Luhrmann's Romeo and Juliet.

Miky had tea all ready when I arrived home on Friday night and she and Yu-Jin had already eaten. We raced off to catch the 7:15 showing and we even took our own pre-prepared popcorn. She's a woman after my own heart.

Gee, we were lucky to get a seat. In fact, to sit together we had to share two seats between the three of us and push the arm rest up. Luckily those two aren't large people so we had enough room.

Action scenes are good but some are too fast and it all appears to be a blur. The movie does drag on a bit and is too long but the action is good. Oh, I already mentioned that. There are some moments where you feel quite awkward for the characters which portrays quite good acting. I was surprised that the viewers didn't get restless. We had a baby in the same row as us and if it was awake it would have been quite frightening for it. There were a few unexpected twists and it was a bit schmaltzy but not a bad movie overall. I'd give it 6.5-7/10.

I did spot one error where a cord moved and a Korean flag popped up at one stage.

2 comments:

Joe said...

Out of ten stars, Hammy? We only use four here, but perhaps inflation is more rampant in your neck of the woods.

For the record, I always interpret other's awkwardness around me as a tribute to my acting ability.

Hammy said...

No, out of strips of bacon. To keep it in character (Ham-bacon - geddit?)