Monday, June 18, 2007

Lunch With A Sports Star

As a family we headed to Subiaco yesterday to do the fruit and veg shopping. The plan was to have something to eat and do some shopping in Perth. We ended up changing our minds and decided to have lunch in Subiaco instead of the city. Whilst walking to the restaurant/cafe strip I was sure that I spotted David Wirrpanda in a car. He plays Aussie Rules football for the West Coast Eagles.

Miky had her mind set on pasta. Funtastico had pasta dishes but we weren't interested in paying nearly $40/plate. Finally settled on Dome in Subiaco, although I was sure they wouldn't serve pasta, and they had what we wanted.

The place was really busy but Miky found a table. We had to wait 30 minutes for our food as it was so busy. And who do you think she sat next too - David Wirrpanda of course. He is such a quiet young man. When I say young he is 27 but he has been at the Eagles for about 10 years. The same can't be said about the girl who appears to be his girlfriend. Correct, she's not a young man and she certainly isn't quiet. She was so loud as to be annoying and it was driving Miky nuts. Both the ladies in the quintet were loud and the other one wasn't too dignified in her language.

What amused me the most was the fact I had my Essendon jacket on and I'm sure he would have noticed. Essendon defeated the Eagles by one point a week ago. Miky was upset as people in the restaurant were looking at her, to him, the whole time.

We had lasagne and cannelloni for lunch, eventually, and they were very well done with a salad on the side. Quite impressed with the food, I was. Not bad for $12.95 each as well.

No comments: