Thursday, October 11, 2007

New Twist On The Birds And The Bees

I'm dreading the time that my son asks me about the birds and the bees. I mean, he's still too young to be concerned about that. But he has mentioned that he knows what sex is and he even explained what being gay is. He's got a good source of information at school it appears. But he threw a question at me last night that I wasn't prepared for.
"Dad, how do you stop having babies when you are married?"
Well, I didn't wish to explain contraception or even say that you stop having sex therefore I replied with "Stop kissing." He accepted that. I think that it was a reasonable answer at this stage in life. There is some truth to that statement, isn't there?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just tell him the stork brought him ya that is it ha ha Like he would really go for that. They say tell them the story at age 12 to 13 with a book. I got a book and that helped me. Ya the schools are filled with filth I agree. I knew what gay was when I was 6 at school and they even go into details about doing it as they called it ha ha If people eat enough food they usually do not have many more babies. That is why children are called poor man's riches. Have a great day. Annette Don't stop kissing ha ha IT is way too much fun SMiles

Anonymous said...

I think you should have been honest. You don't have to go into a great amount of detail. Who knows in the future someone might tell him about the withdrawal method and about how well it works and you will end up being a grandfather 10 years earlier than planned. Just make sure he doesn't go into a relationship with screwed up ideas about what contraception is. More about what methods work and what methods don't.

Although I guess how much you tell him does greatly depend on the age of your son.

Anonymous said...

Just tell him buy a pack of rubbers and forget it ha ha or best yet tell him Be sure she is on the pill.!!!!! YOu could also tell him dirty diapers suck and baby barf unless he is really ready. Reality Rita

Anonymous said...

That was a pretty lame answer Hammy. But as you said he accepted it, so I too would have left it at that. I'm dreading those questions too, Blade has a girlfriend (but not according to him)who rings him everynight, and he goes around and visits her at her home. But he still covers his eyes if we are watching a movie and sees a half naked woman (top half). Its kinda cute, we tell him not to worry about it, but he still does.

Hammy said...

With nearly as much of his life again to go before he becomes a teenager I don't think he needs to know too much at this stage. He can't bear to look at people kissing on the telly.

Anonymous said...

Just don't let him watch any American television because, it has gone down the crapper. Example see South Park on YOu tube ugh Annette