Friday, December 07, 2007

My Wife Works Too Hard

Hammy's week-old beard.

It's been a week since I've had a shave and I have a reasonable beard to show for it. I asked the missus last night if she liked my beard, knowing full well that she hates beards. Maybe that is because they make me look a lot older and she likes having a toyboy. Or perhaps it is more likely that the prickly feeling isn't good. Whatever the case may be, her response was, "Are you growing a beard?"

Gee. If she'd had a haircut and I hadn't noticed I'd be in the doghouse, wouldn't I? But when the hand is on the other foot it doesn't matter. Actually, she's been working every day and each evening as well and it's normal for me not to shave over the weekend. I'll forgive her. But I'll keep it for a bit longer. It's nowhere near ZZ Top length yet.

8 comments:

Susan Ham said...

I love the way you mix your metaphors. Get your tongue out of you cheek, kiddo!

Hammy said...

He heh.

Anonymous said...

ot oh, Be sure to tell your wife "Every girl's crazy about a sharp dressed man'!!! ha ha You look way cool man!!! Annette It won't be much longer until your ZZ top cool!!!!

Hammy said...

I've had several comments at work that I look like a criminal. Not sure what company these people are keeping but if I am you can be assured that it is a "Smooth Criminal". More in the Alien Ant Farm-style than Michael Jackson-style.

Anonymous said...

Criminals gotta be sexy!!!! No most crimals are ugly so, whoever told you that was jealous!! ha ha You look too cool!! Have a fun weekend!!! Annette Be sure to see the video "If you think I'm sexy" by Rod Steward. IT reminded me of you Hammy!!! It should be on You tube ha ha

Anonymous said...

Its actually "Do you think I'm Sexy" By Rod Stewart. The original video is the coolest. Yes Hammy is Sexy and his wife is lucky!!! Annette

Anonymous said...

Oh and Hammy you could sing on You tube with your great voice. You could remake those songs easily have fun!!! Annette

Tanzeela said...

You like to laugh at people? Well, I like laughing at you more! You're what I'd call an "M&M"; a Matrix and Mafia hybrid. More surprises, please!