Saturday, April 05, 2008

Subway - Eat Less

I know there is a drought in Australia. I know that inflation is high. I know that interest rates are high. All the more reason to supply your customer with that which they are expecting.

The boy joined me at work today and we decided to have some Subway on the way home. Pulled in to the nearest one to our house and ordered a couple of footlongs. I noticed that there was very little topping on the bread. Closer inspection revealed that all of the breads had bugger all topping. An Italian herbs and cheese is supposed to be smothered in herbs and cheese. The one the shop assistant was going to give me had four or five thins strips of cheese on top. I informed the assistant that this is not the way to treat your customers. If I buy something I expect what I'm buying to be the same as what is advertised.

In my opinion the shop owner was skimping on product as his costs have risen but it amounts to ripping off his (once were) customers. I won't be heading back to that shop. We walked out and went home to make toasties.

3 comments:

Susan Ham said...

Good for you! No wonder they say you can lose weight eating Subway!

Anonymous said...

We are having a Recession here in the US. Subway has Subs for $5.00. I hope he gave you a better one. Good for you don't get pushed around. Annette

Hammy said...

I would have been lucky to get three grams of fat and not the "6 grams of fat or less" advertised.

As I said, we walked out so we didn't end up buying anything from them.