Sunday, June 28, 2009

Parking Fee Doubles in Perth

Thursday was a shock when I went to pay for my parking. I had to pay double my normal fee. Well, it had a bit to do with the ticket machine taking the money from my credit card and not issuing a ticket. Rather than receive an infringement notice for parking illegally I had to purchase another ticket. That explains the doubling of fee. The next ticket machine provided me with a message "Credit Left" as I purchased the second ticket so maybe, just maybe, the system is smart enough to realise that I'd paid and the money was left over.

I visited the City Of Perth Parking Website to see how I could protest the charge and notify them that there was a faulty machine. They have a service for just this sort of complaint whereby you complete an online form and it emails your complaint. Let's see how long it takes to receive an answer.

One thing I did notice though was that the price for parking would increase by 50% as of July the 1st. Now this isn't something that has been widely publicised (although there was a full page add in today's paper with a few groups not pleased by this decision being made without consultation). I stuck the new fees up on the noticeboard and it got a few people talking in the office. Nobody else knew of this and I find the increase a little difficult to justify, especially in the current economic climate. Not only will the fees increase markedly but earlybird parking will be reduced from prior to 7:30 am to 7:00 am. That will surely catch a few people out and raise more funds for the government's coffers. No word where the extra revenue raised is going to be used either.

Not happy, Jan.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sucks. They need to lower the price. Those bastards.

Anonymous said...

This is so typical of local governments. It does SUCK!!

Anonymous said...

UR American Relative is a cut throat bitch Hammy but, at least she does not call poor old men Pricks when she thinks they parked wrong lol