Friday, November 20, 2009

The Return of Monkey

No, I'm not talking about that iconic show that used to be on the ABC - Monkey. I'm talking about his toy monkey that we bought for him when he was a sick one year old. Monkey has been with him ever since. He even goes on holidays with him.

That's where the trouble started. As we were in a hurry to leave our hotel in Adelaide in the early hours in October we inadvertently left him behind. The Boy noticed this at bedtime that night. I rang the hotel and the cleaner had found him and put him aside. They said that they'd send it cash-on-delivery. No problem with paying for that as Monkey means a lot to The Boy.

A couple of weeks went by and no sign of Monkey. I rang the hotel. He was still there. They would send him. Another week went by and no sign of Monkey. I rang the hotel again and was told that he was still there and that they would definitely arrange for him to be posted to us.

On Friday Monkey was delivered. Thankfully. There will be no more family holidays for Monkey I can tell you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Obviously not a top priority for the motel owners. Bit expensive for you though. Glad he is back.

Hammy said...

Small price to pay for the boy's happiness.

Iris Flavia said...

Gotta go search for "Fips", the monkey that protected me in the children´s home!! Seesh, I knew somebody was missing!

Anonymous said...

Monkey to the rescue.