Saturday, October 23, 2010

Idiot Driver Gave Me A Bump Today

I hate people that don't stop at stop signs. How hard is it? Do they not understand English or can they not read or is that they just don't have the right driving skills?

I went to visit a sick friend today. Had a good chat, did a bit of shopping for him and ran an errand as well. Haven't seen him for ages and it was good to catch up. I was in a bit of a hurry to leave afterwards as The Boy and I were heading to taekwondo training but I obviously wasn't in the same hurry that the idiot behind me apparently was.

Outside of my friend's apartment block his street joins an arterial road which is controlled by a stop sign. That didn't bother the three cars in front of me who all turned left without stopping. I was slightly concerned that the guy behind me might think that I would do the same thing. Well, I didn't. I stopped. That's what you are supposed to do at a stop sign. The road is busy, the corner is slightly blind, so there's good reason for having a stop sign in existence. The guy behind me did stop but only after he had rammed me up the arse.

I got out of my car and yelled at him that there was a "f*%$ing stop sign" there whilst pointing at it. No word from the idiot driver. His girlfriend just yelled out to ask if there was any damage. Yes, some paint from my bumper and a bit of paint on my exhaust pipe. He had a reasonable dent in his front bumper. It would be a little nasty of me to publish his seven character alphanumeric plate so I'll just say that it started with "1BMH" and ended with "954". I hope like hell that there is no damage to the exhaust that will rear its ugly head in time to come and isn't apparent now.

Man, did I want to punch this guy. No remorse at all. What's wrong with saying sorry? I've got a good mind to call the police and dob him in for failure to stop for which I understand the penalty is three (3) demerit points and three (3) penalty units for a fine. Gee I was wild but quickly realised that the accident wasn't serious and there was no point in getting into a fight. No-one was injured and the apparent damage was less than $1,000. I even had enough sense to see that it was pointless to kick his car in anger as that would just give him good reason to ram my car again or something.

Need I reiterate - I hate idiot drivers.

2 comments:

Dal said...

No point wasting your time with the cops. If the damage is less than the reportable amount then they won't do anything about it.

I had a guy reverse his towball through my drivers door and drive off, and even though I was able to tell the cops who did it (he was viewing a property for rent; agent saw it and had his details) when I tried reporting it they said that they wouldn't do anything about it.

Anonymous said...

Those bastards. Send the information to the cops. You can keep a pen and paper in your car. They are going to kill someone. It could be someone's child. They are dumb jerks. Gil