Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Prince William - Romantic or Cheap Bastard?

Prince William has finally proposed to his long-term girlfriend Kate Middleton. I hear that he has given her his mother's engagement ring. Is he being a romantic or is he just a cheap bastard? There must be one or two jewellery shops around town who would have given their eye teeth to be in a position to sell him a ring.

Don't know that I'd want to accept a ring that belonged to someone who was unhappily married and who met a tragic end. Tragic because I missed a whole quarter of the football match between Essendon and Adelaide so they could tell us the news.

Straw poll - what do you reckon?
1. Romantic
2. Cheap Bastard

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought he could not get his hands on his money for a certain period of time due to something she put in her will. If that is the case it is ok. If not maybe he is too cheap. Gil

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, my you are absolutely right!
If that ring is an Omen, good night to the Wife-to-be!

Seesh, thanks to you, now I´m up to date on this!
So far I was successful avoiding this subject, asking my Spouse why we get this in the News?!!!! Who cares about that?
That´s for the yellow press, not the News.

Gah, I go for #2, cheap bastard.