Saturday, March 05, 2011

Out Of Action For A While

Thursday night saw The Boy and I mucking around in the backyard with a sword fight. Only using rolled up newspaper though. I had sandals on, which I'm not particularly fond of, and The Boy had shoes. At one stage he lunged towards me and the quick pain that I felt made me think that he had trodden on my big toe. The truth of the matter was not quite so nice. His shoe had caught underneath my big toe and caused it to split down the middle and one side had been lifted up. Ay ay ay!

I went inside and cut it back with the nail clippers as much as I dared and considered putting superglue on it but with superglue being an anhydrous product I decided against it. Looks like I'll be out of taekwondo action for a few more days. Luckily we have a public holiday on Monday and that will give me nearly a week to recover. I didn't take any photos of this so you don't need to worry.

2 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

Outch! Spouse managed that, too. A door was involved and, sorry to say, guess a week won´t be enough, at least it wasn´t the case over here... Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I hope all is well now. Gill