Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Close Call On The Bus

It's been a while since I've had an interesting bus ride. The missus wanted me to buy some pizzas for tea tonight on the way home. I ordered them online so that I could pick them up. Grabbed the first bus going the right way but took one that had a stop that was two blocks and a good five minutes walk away. Oh well. I had the opportunity to change buses but thought that I could wait another 15 minutes for a bus to come past and I'd be better off walking as I'd certainly reach my destination on time. The missus was picking me up, you see.

We started down Berwick street and I spotted a couple of kids on the footpath on the opposite side of the road. After a passenger got off and the bus proceeded on its journey one of the boys faced the bus and flung a rock at it. I quite clearly saw the rock heading towards me and heard it strike the bus. It was only at the next stop when the driver radioed base to inform them that the bus had been struck that I saw the window not far behind me that was shattered. It certainly didn't sound that bad.

I plainly saw the boy. An aboriginal lad of about 12 years of age wearing a pink/apricot coloured shirt and a left-hander. The driver said that he'd pressed the duress button and might have been lucky enough to have obtained a photo of him as he hadn't seen him himself. I hope they catch the little prick.

Bus window smashed by an aboriginal youth today

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That little sob. His Mom needs to whoop his butt!! He wants to go for a ride too. Good thing the glass did not hit you. Gill

David said...

Of course it'll be the white man's fault in some way...