Sunday, December 04, 2011

On The Mend

Six and a half days after grading I'm definitely on the mend. I took my instructor's advice and visited a sports physio. He said to keep the thought of a fracture in the back of my mind, as he had had no opportunity to view the x-rays, but that ligament damage was the most likely cause. He told me that I need RICE - rest, ice, compression and elevation. As if I don't have enough of that in my diet already.

Had to see the doc on Thursday and his advice was to walk on it to aid the circulation. My wife was so concerned about my foot that she picked me up from work to take me to the clinic. I asked the doc if he would write my wife a note about walking on it. His reply? "I don't write notes to wives. It's too dangerous."

Interesting that he had quite an opposing view and I tend to trust the physio more as he actually treats sports injuries instead of just diagnosing them.


As you can see from the photo the bruises have cleared up quite a bit. My missus was worried that I might get some form of blood poisoning and told me that in Korea the doctors will remove the blood in the bruise. I don't see the point in interfering with the natural healing of the body.

1 comment:

bankruptcy ben said...

That looks nasty! Try some voltaren, over the counter anti inflamitory. It's brilliant