Thursday, August 15, 2013

Interesting Chat On The Bus

The bus started to fill at the first stop after I'd gotten on tonight. A gentleman whom I think of as "The God-botherer" as I've seen him reading a bible in the morning got on and sat next to me. He accidentally elbowed me as he sat down and immediately apologised. I was very tempted to say, "I forgive you."

Anyway, we started talking about the weather, as the rain had just restarted, and how crowded the public transport was. This lead to a discussion regarding trains in Japan, China and Korea and how people are sometimes squeezed on to the trains. He did ask about farming in Korea and was surprised to hear that 80% of the land is not farmed as it is a very mountainous country. Of course this lead to talk about cemeteries and then religion. He asked about Koreans and I listed a few of the religions followed and when Buddhism came up he mentioned, "We looked at that," which rather took me by surprise. Perhaps the funniest coincidence was my game of Words With Friends that I was just about to play when he sat down whereby my opponent had most recently played HELL.

As I got up to leave he thanked me for the conversation and introduced himself with the same name as mine. It took him a moment when I replied, "Same here."

It was a most interesting chat on the bus this afternoon.

1 comment:

Iris Flavia said...

Now that surely is an interesting coincidence!